Message from Graham Smith
On behalf of all our staff I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your family a healthy and also hopefully a prosperous 2011. We sincerely appreciate your ongoing support and the referrals to your family and friends. You can be assured that we will not be resting on our laurels, and we will be making every effort to lift the bar even higher during 2011.
The start of a new year is a good time to give some thought to your goals for 2011. Please give yourself a few minutes to think about your current position, and ask yourself a few crucial questions such as :
- What happens to my family if I die, get sick or are badly injured and cannot work? During the last few months we have had two claims from clients who have become totally and permanently disabled. These families would now be in dire straits without this cover. You owe it to your loved ones to ensure that adequate protection is in place.
- Will I have enough money to retire on? If you are aged 55 or over make sure you consider a Transition to Retirement Strategy to boost your super balance and pay less tax. If you have multiple super funds take steps to consolidate them into one strong performing fund that provides quality management.
- Are my investments diversified enough? Having all your investments in one sector whether that is residential property, bonds or Australian Shares just doesn’t make sense. Last year’s top performer may be this year’s dog.
- Do I have a budget? It sounds pretty basic , but how many of you have really sat down and had a close look at your income and expenses. If you have a surplus put it to work in an investment plan or reduce non tax deductible debt. If you have a deficit you need to reduce expenses be more disciplined with your spending.
- Am I getting the best deal on my debt? Look at your loan liabilities and play it smart. If you have multiple credit cards move them to low interest version, and focus on making regular payments to reduce interest cost. For home loans arrange a free review with our chosen professional and you may save a heap by switching providers, or making payments fortnightly or weekly. If you have an investment loan consider moving to an interest only loan rather than principal and interest.
During 2011 Smith Wealth Partners will continue to be firmly focused on providing quality advice and solutions to assist you in achieving your dreams and objectives. Should you require any assistance with any area of financial planning please do not hesitate to call our office and we will be happy to help.